Behavior Problems - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Behavior Problems

Hi all, just after some advice, we've got a male yorkie dog aged 17 months who has recently started to become aggressive although he has been very moody for some time, if you go to stroke him or call him over, his tail lifts and his fur stands on end and he growls and should you go to move him he becomes more aggressive and has nipped our two children twice not too hard but enough to hurt, we got a female yorkie back in December, shes now 8 months old and we did wonder if it could be down to her arrival although his moods did change before she arrived with him becoming more moody, he gets on well with the female, plays and is friendly but she is very jealous and if you shout the male dog she runs over and jumps on your lap before he gets chance, any ideas of how we can deal with his behaviour because his behaviour is now very worrying
ChrisManchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

my yorkie started getting aggressive and it turned out to be a liver shunt. it slowly poisons their blood and they become mean and aggressive. i would be sitting on one end of the couch and he would be all the way over on the other end. if i moved to get up. he would run over and try to bite me. other than that, i would suspect some behaviour modification is in order.
cherryblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm experiencing similar aggressive behavior with my 3 year old Yorkie and don't know where to turn. I'll be watching this thread in hopes of a solution for both of us. Good luck to you.
1mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement