my dog has 4 near perfect days then bam..one bad one - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default my dog has 4 near perfect days then bam..one bad one

We got an 11 month old yorkie from a show breeder 5 weeks ago. She has always been indoors and pee pad trained so I know this has been a big transition. She has changed ALOT in the last few weeks. From she quiet to true terrier. She gets tons of attention and love. The problem is she is GREAT with her pee pad and not barking for four days. We give her lots of praise. Then bam day five she will start to bark at 5am. (she used to do it every morning until a trainer told us to ignore it all she will keep at it for attention)We dont give in to her and will only get her when she quiets down. The trouble is she seems to get really nervous on that day five. She shakes alot and then when we return her to her pen she resorts to peeing not on the pad but on the floor of her pen. She can hold it as much as nine hours but on this day five she pees every two hours right on the floor next to her pad. I say and firm but not loud "no no" and put her on her pad. and clean the floor in front of her. She shakes however and I feel bad and give her hugs or try to redirect her with some fun training (she loves to bow for treats) Now tommorow she will probably be great and back to her 4 days of perfect behavior. I feed her royal canin calm. Im kind of at a loss..this has been going on for 3 weeks now. Could she be having anxiety every 4 days??
kimp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement