So... What do you feed your Yorkie? - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default So... What do you feed your Yorkie?

So... What do you feed your Yorkie?

What treats do you give? Different for training or the same treats?
Vietchicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Scoot loves, loves, loves Freebird. It's dried chicken wrapped around dried apple. Sounds weird but he adores it. He's very picky about what he snacks on and won't eat the usual doggie treats but boy he loves this stuff.
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

I give Tricksie low fat cottage cheese everyday mixed with sugar free apple sauce and her teeth are beautiful.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Blue Buffalo Small Breed Natural Chicken & Oatmeal Puppy Food & Treats
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Coco loves to eat everything, of course we only give him what isn't dangerous to him. We are actually one of those crazy loving parents that like to spoil their Yorkies. We cook real food for him and of course we do it all natural with nothing added extra. NO extra oil, no salt, that kinda of stuff. We accompany his cooked food (salmon, chicken, broccoli, etc.) with dry wellness food. Both our Yorkies love it!
YorkieCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just bought some BilJac small dog training treats for when Jake starts his training on Monday, I also have some Blue Buffalo treats. He likes them although they are kind of big I just break them up into smaller pieces. I just ordered some Blue Buffalo dry food. Hopefully he will like it.
Texmjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Talking Coco

I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkie with a sensitive stomach. I switched him to Organix which is good for all life stages and he seems to like it. It is good for sensitive stomachs and skin.
Attached Thumbnails
So... What do you feed your Yorkie?-marky-guayabera.jpg  
Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up gingi

I started feeding Beneful and pedigree to my puppy when he was 6 month old, because the package looked soo wholesome and promising, besides, he ate it super fast so i thought i was doing a good job. He was so picky ever since i got him and used to only nibble AFTER i microwave and jazz it up with meat juice and tidbits, so i thought i found the best one......WRONG! This was my first dog, and i had no experience and ignorant as well, because i wasnt informed that cheap market dog food contains mystery meat by products thats purple with maggots, full of chemicals and preservatives...things you wouldnt wish on your enemies! FDA is soo lenient to dogs! After more research and countless hours of pondering ingriedients, i make dog food and im doing til the end. Its not bothering me nor him of course, he turns psychotic mode when i get his container out. In a pot i place cooked rice, diced chx breast, finely chopped carrots, green peas, chopped fried egg, chx broth and simmer it with super tiny bit of soy sauce. Just alil soy sauce is ok for dogs. NOT salt. I do it cus it makes him not get tired of the same ol food. The rice and meat is equal parts. You cant use broccholi or cabbage cus yorkies get quite bloated and they get gassy and burpy. After a chx batch, i switch it to another meat, like lean red meat (skirt seak or stew meat), and do beef broth, naturally. The ingredients are incredibly cheaper than i expected and gingi and i are happy. As for the required dry food, i sprinkle this stew over avoderm avocado infused small bites. He used to look depressed for 2 hrs curled in his corner after eating those old bad stuff, not anymore. This is gona sound crazy and far fetched, but i think he actually got Smarter too with his new diet...heh heh -_-;;
GingiBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

my 14 month yorkie eats human food mixed with hers- how do i ween her from that. and should i change her food to blue buffalo
bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

We just put both of ours on some stuff that is called "Fromm" it is ALL natural and ours love it!
Kayla&RyanRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement