new member from canada - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default new member from canada

Hi and Hello to all. We recently acquired a Yorkie/****zu Cross (female) 14 weeks old. From the moment my wife picked up the dog, there was an instant bonding between her and the dog. The dog is hesitant to come to me at any time and will follow the wife everywhere. Don't mind the instant bonding as she wanted (the wife) it to be her dog. Questions - Is this natural for this Breed to do this. Secondly, I did want to give the wife breaks on taking the dog outside for potty time, but the dog will not cooperate. If I attempt to take her outside she immediately will return to the house. Then out with the wife no problem. The dog will at times come to me and want up in my lap them being if the wife has gone out. Otherwise no go. Suggestions and Info pls. Tks. Dave.
rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi Dave- Im new to this forum and new to navigating a forum using my phone...can't tell if someone has posted a reply to your questions or not but thought I would share my thoughts w you! All three of my yorkie have to some degree been a one person dog. Lola so much so she would hide behind means would not think about going to someone else. Ruby was more socialized (as I believe was Rosie) and she will go to any one for a game of fetch or for a treat. She gets nervous when held by someone other than me but will sit there. Rosie is cautious but does eventually warm up to people when she knows them. I have read somewhere that yorkies tend to be "one owner" dogs but that it varies with each dog. Have you tried being the one to feed her/give her treats to see if she will bond with you better? I have friends that have a yorkie -poo that once she knows a person she loves everyone!!
RubySiouxandRosie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement