Getting a new puppy! - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Getting a new puppy!

My boss's yorkie had puppies and we are getting one!!! We have a large dog (Grady) already. We got him when he was two and he is almost 4 now. He was raised with a little yorkie before we got him and they were best friends. Our friends have small dogs and he reacts well with them too. I am not really worried about Grady. The thing I am most scared about is that Grady is so well behaved. He never barks, never tries to escape, etc. Even though he is so big he is very gentle. I am worried that we will get this puppy and it will turn into a nightmare. I have always had a large dog and have associated little digs with biting and yapping. I know that is not true for all of them, but I am starting to panic a little.

We do have two kids 6 and 9. I enrolled the puppy in Puppy Kindergarten already. I just wanted to get some tips, advice and knowledge from other Yorkie owners who possibly have children. My girls are very good with small animals and of course we would never leave the puppy alone with the youngest daughter.

We are taking the puppy on a trial basis because the well being of Grady and the new puppy are very important to me. My heart would break if Grady did not like having to share attention. I feel like I did when my second daughter was about to be born and my oldest would not get 100% of the attention anymore! lol

Thanks in advance!
GradyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am new to yorkies myself, getting a new puppy with a really good older dog I am very well versed in! In my experience I found it to be really helpful having the older dog. The baby will pick up lots of habits from grown up! I had a puppy house broken by 10 weeks old because baby wanted to do everything the big dog did!
flitabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Here is a great chance for all those who are searching for amazing teacup yorkie puppies, as we have listed them for sale. Have a look over there
aasterbeatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow so this isn't a sight for advice it's a site for breeders to try to sell their dogs for free???
flitabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well it is absolutely site for advice but luckily you can also get some resource to easily buy yorkie puppies. That is it..so just chill
aasterbeatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement