Aggressive Behavior? - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Aggressive Behavior?

Hello everyone!

I have a 4 months and 5 days old Yorkie female puppy. I've never had any dog before, so, i'm trying to carefully disciplinate her.
I've noticed that sometimes when she plays with the toys(a ball, a leather bone and a rubber bone-like dog), she grunts. Specially when the toy left from her mounth or she's pursuing it. She is 9 days with us and just barked once.

When she wake up or someone known come back at home, she get a lot exited(the tail spins very quickly). And when we cuddle and play with her, some times, she gives some small bites in the middle of the excitement.

Is it aggression? Should we be warned about this?

Best regards,
Felipe
FelipeBSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipebsr View Post
hello everyone!

I have a 4 months and 5 days old yorkie female puppy. I've never had any dog before, so, i'm trying to carefully disciplinate her.
I've noticed that sometimes when she plays with the toys(a ball, a leather bone and a rubber bone-like dog), she grunts. Specially when the toy left from her mounth or she's pursuing it. She is 9 days with us and just barked once.

When she wake up or someone known come back at home, she get a lot exited(the tail spins very quickly). And when we cuddle and play with her, some times, she gives some small bites in the middle of the excitement.

Is it aggression? Should we be warned about this?

Best regards,
felipe
hi , welcome and congrats. It just sounds like normal puppy behaviour.. Nipping is part of the teething process. When you are playing with her and she nips just say no bite and give her a toy. She should grow out of the nipping..
OSCAR THE CHOCOLATE YORKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement