My Dog Has Diarrhea How Do I Treat It? - Yorkie Forum : Yorkshire Terrier Forums

YorkieForum.com is the premier Yorkshire Terrier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default My Dog Has Diarrhea How Do I Treat It?

Dog diarrhea its not a pretty subject. But its one of the most common health concerns our dogs will be faced with. Amy Tokic, editor of PetGuide.com, shares her experience with her dogs diarrhea issues and what shes done to treat mild cases at home.

Quote:
When your dog has diarrhea, it can be a bit scary. You dont know what caused it and you dont want your fur baby to feel crappy (no pun intended). Oscar has a delicate belly, so any changes to his diet bring on a bout of the poops that can last anywhere from a day to almost a week. Now that Im a bit more of a seasoned Pet Parent (which means I dont run him into the vet at the first sign of sickness), Ive picked up a few tips that have gotten me through when my dog has diarrhea.

Now that I know that most of the time my dogs diarrhea is caused by a dietary imbalance, I am much more careful with what I feed him. I stick to the same dry dog kibble (a mix of low-fat Royal Canine and Acana formulas), with the occasional tablespoon of meaty stews that I make from scratch. Anything more than that sets his bowels into overdrive.

Doggy diarrhea can also be linked to a series of causes. Your dog may have eaten something off the floor or street that disagreed with his stomach. You may have switched foods and hes having issues adjusting to the new diet. Maybe a new medication hes taking isnt sitting well with him. Even stress or excitement can bring on a case of the poops. And there are plenty of intestinal parasites and viruses out that can be ingested through food, water or other sources (like animal poop gross!).
For At-Home Remedies For Dog Diarrhea and other info, read the entire My Dog Has Diarrhea How Do I Treat It? article at PetGuide.com.
Petguide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement